Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Groupon with some Padding

I'm sorry for my disappearance on the blog front the last few days. I am back now and ready for action.

I had hoped to post an update on the new iPad but I'm afraid its still too hot a topic. (Don't worry I won't make any 'how many new iPads does it take to bake a cookie' jokes.) Despite this, over 3 million were sold in the first four days of availability. It certainly makes you wonder how many will be sold when people figure out all the new features besides just the incredible screen. We'll have to wait for the next round of commercials since that is the only user's guide Apple provides for its incredible products. Of course this isn't too upsetting since there is a bushel of Apple Geniuses standing by to answer every question and demonstrate every feature.  Personally, I can't wait to worm through the throngs of people at the Apple Store to check out the new games on display for the iPad.


Of course one app that doesn't need a killer display is Groupon. I have received the groupon eblast for quite some time but had not ventured over to the app until recently. Why didn't anyone tell me it was so great? (I'm sure all of the daily deal apps are phenomenal but this is the first one I've tried so far. Anyone using Living Social or Bloomspot?)

I am finding a great way to explore my new hometown, and really all of Silicon Valley, is through daily deals. Its a relatively pain free and low risk way to find great places. Yesterday I found a cute little nail salon running a groupon deal for a shellac manicure. It was only $20, that's right $20! In the city you could pay $20 just to add the shellac to your regular manicure. Amazing. But the real beauty of it was I found a deal happening that day, paid for it and redeemed it all on my iPhone. It is really pretty ingenious and so much better than probing through the emails and remembering that pesky little voucher.

Well done Groupon. Well done.


No comments:

Post a Comment